The policy sets out the Group’s commitments and the guiding principles for delivering on them in the right way. Our commitments and principles complement the Group’s strategic priorities, and guide the actions we take to achieve them:
- 1. To produce and broadcast responsible news and entertainment content that is accessible for all society: Quality, commitment, accessibility, accuracy, viewpoint diversity; and protection of and advocacy for human rights
- 2. To promote high quality, honest and ethical advertising: Honest and transparent business management, service quality, advertising self-regulation, respect for human rights, child protection, and commitment to wider society
- 3. To support our employees as the company’s main asset: Assuring our employees’ welfare and career development, non-discrimination, support ethical conduct among the people at our Company, and strict compliance with ILO requirements
- 4. To help society progress and develop: Creation of Fundación Atresmedia, raising awareness in wider society through Atresmedia’s media outlets, active partnership with non-profits and support for corporate volunteering among our employees
- 5. To minimise environmental impact and raise awareness in society about caring for the environment: Reducing the environmental impact of our operations and raising awareness of environmental issues in wider society through our media outlets
- 6. To strengthen corporate governance: Comprehensive corporate governance system, corporate governance policy, Audit and Control Committee and Appointments and Remuneration Committee
- 7. To transmit the corporate policies and values throughout the value chain: Fairness, transparency, impartiality and independence in relations with our suppliers of goods and services, sustainability in our procurement processes, and shared commitment with our suppliers
- 8. To establish transparent relations with stakeholders: Channels for fluid and active dialogue with our stakeholders, transparency, reliability and balance in corporate reporting, and active involvement in Spanish and international corporate responsibility forums and organisations
Atresmedia undertakes to apply these principles horizontally across all its activities. Therefore, Atresmedia conceives of its Group responsibility as a twofold commitment.
- Impeccable performance of its core business: Atresmedia broadcasts responsible content and advertising, while minimising its environmental impact, caring for the well-being of employees and ensuring the integrity of its system of governance.
- Using its outreach to bring about positive social change: Atresmedia champions social progress by raising public awareness through actions embodied in Compromiso Atresmedia and its foundation. For more information, see Contribution to society.
The main milestone in 2017 for integration of corporate responsibility with Atresmedia’s overall strategy was the adoption of the 2018-2020 Corporate Responsibility Master Plan, which involves all Company areas horizontally. The aim of this second Corporate Responsibility Master Plan is to create internal and external value from a corporate responsibility perspective. After preliminary analysis of good practices, trends and key stakeholders’ demands and a second stage involving internal diagnosis of Atresmedia’s situation as to the wider community, good governance and the environment, we identified a range of lines of action and a catalogue of monitoring indicators that will enable us to tie corporate responsibility to the running of the business itself. The Board adopted the Master Plan at its meeting of 20 December 2017