Atresmedia Televisión, through its channels Antena 3 and laSexta, maintains its position as the leading source of news and the undisputed leader in credibility and trust, according to the data released in the Digital News Report 2023, prepared by the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism and the University of Oxford, in collaboration with Digitalunav from the Faculty of Communication of the University of Navarra for its edition in Spain.

The study by Reuters and the University of Oxford, considered a worldwide reference in terms of news consumption habits, highlights the prominent position of Antena 3 Noticias and laSexta Noticias as the preferred sources of information for Spanish users, surpassing their main competitors. Both channels maintain their position in the top 3 favorite media outlets among consumers in our country.

Antena 3 Noticias and laSexta Noticias, most widely used sources

The report indicates that Antena 3 and laSexta continue to enjoy a high level of trust and loyalty among media users, particularly through their news programs, as highlighted by the undeniable figures compared to their main competitors in the television industry.

Calificación de los medios españoles según el Digital News Report 2023
Calificación de los medios españoles según el Digital News Report 2023 | Atresmedia

Regarding this, Antena 3 Noticias once again stands as the main and most used source for users to gather information, with 42%, while laSexta Noticias remains in third place with 23%, being the second favorite private option. Globally, the news programs of Antena 3 and laSexta, belonging to Atresmedia TV, lead the ranking with a total of 65% compared to competitors such as RTVE (24%) and Mediaset (37% when combining Informativos Telecinco and Noticias Cuatro).

Antena 3, leading television in online presence and trust

Antena 3 leadership remains undisputed in terms of the trust granted by users, once again obtaining a high level of credibility. The Atresmedia TV channel tops the media ranking with a rating of 51%.

Furthermore, Antena 3 is also the most followed television network in the online ranking with 12%, positioning itself among the most popular media outlets in this category.

As for laSexta, it is the second most trusted private channel for the public, with 42%, surpassing Telecinco, which is the least credible (32%).

The combined total of both generalist channels, belonging to Atresmedia Televisión, with 93%, represents an undisputed leadership in the trust index compared to other audiovisual competitors.

Digital News Report, a global reference in news consumption habits

The Digital News Report 2023, considered the main global study on information consumption habits, is based on an exclusive online survey conducted by YouGov in 46 countries across six continents.